We advise you to read these Terms & Conditions carefully before engaging in a booking via our website!
Greek Sea Cruises Management PC (hereafter referred to as “Company” “GSC”, “our”, “we”, or “us”) is a licensed Day Cruise Operator and Yacht Charter company, with their corporate Headquarter in Galatsi, Greece. GSC operates Daily Cruises from Athens to Aegina or any other location requested by the client, subject to the general terms set out in the Day Cruise terms hereafter).
By engaging with GSC in any of the provided services, you (hereafter referred to as “Passenger”, “you”, “Clients”) shall have accepted the terms mentioned herein automatically, confirm your understanding of them and have agreed to all of them, as described below:
- You acknowledge that sailing is inherently dangerous and waive all risks outside the reasonable control of the Ship owner(s) or the Company
- You agree that the Company shall not be held vicariously liable for the intentional or negligent acts of any person not employed by the Company or committed while off duty or outside the course and scope of employment.
- The Company shall not be liable to you for damages for emotional distress, mental suffering/anguish or psychological injury.
- Ensure that you have all relevant papers and ID(s) as directed in your booking confirmation with you at the time of embarkation
- If you arrive late for your departure and miss the boat your ticket cannot be refunded. The ship’s schedule must be strictly adhered to. In the event of the Passenger missing the ship at any of the stops in the cruise’s itinerary, the Company shall in no event be liable for such a mishap nor is expected to provide for alternative transportation.
- Service animals are permitted, pets are not.
- Most activities run regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the Company is forced to cancel the day cruise, ticketholders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Land excursions are part of our day cruise experience and where possible we land at a local pier for you to disembark and reembark, but in the case that no mooring is available we will transfer you with our outboard driven dinghy boat tender top shore and back (8 people max per trip). Note: it is your responsibility to arrive back at the pick-up point on time!
- It should be clearly understood that the Company does not undertake any responsibility of liability whatsoever for the organization or operation, etc. of excursions which may include lunch or dinner ashore, participation in sport events, visits to theaters, cinemas, lectures, etc. and will not be liable in any case for illness, injury, death, loss, robbery, their or any other mishap nor for the lack of organization or delay, etc. which might occur during the excursion. Passengers participating in such excursions do so at their own risk and any complaint, which they might have, should be addressed to local persons who are providing the specific excursion service. The Passengers undertake the responsibility to indemnify the Company for any damages which the Ship owner or his representatives might sustain, arising from the excursion arrangements, made on his behalf and for the damages the excursion operator might sustain from the passenger.
- In order to secure a boat privately, you must privately charter the vessel. To do so, please contact a sales representative at email@example.com.
- Neither the Company nor the Ship used for the Day Cruises shall be liable for any loss of life, or personal injury which may be suffered whenever such events take place before the Passenger has embarked on board or while is ashore at an intermediate port, or after disembarkation at the final destination port. For such events, taking place on board the ship, the Company shall be responsible only if the interested party will be able to prove that the event, was caused by gross negligence of the Company, or the Ship’s crew.
- You may bring some personal items on board, e.g. a small handbag, backpack or beach bag, with all the necessary items like toiletries, towels or any other items you might require for this day trip. Note: sunblock, sunglasses and head cover should not be forgotten. You must keep your personal belongings and valuable goods with you at all times, as GSC is and cannot be held liable for any loss or damages to your private property of any kind. You should refrain from bringing expensive jewelry on board for this day trip.
- Passengers carrying dangerous, inflammable and contraband items or explosives will be reported immediately to the proper Public Authority and in any case, the passenger who will disregard this warning shall be compelled to reimburse the Company & the Ship for whatever damage, expenses or sacrifices will result there from.
- Children must always in custody of any adult appointed by their parents or by their legal guardian.
- There is no smoking aboard our vessels.
- The legal drinking age in Greece is 18 years of age. GSC reserves the right not to serve anyone under the legal age to serve alcoholic beverages. Guest who violate our alcohol policies, e.g. over consumption, provide alcohol to guest’s underage, demonstrate unacceptable or irresponsible behavior, may be disembarked or prohibited to board at their own expense! GSC reserves the right to restrict drinking privileges to any guest, regardless of status and age.
- Boarding may be denied if you arrive visibly intoxicated.
- You are not permitted to bring your own alcohol aboard our vessels.
- If you are found in possession of illegal drugs while on board our vessel the drugs will be confiscated, and you will be handed over to the Coast Guard or Harbor Police.
- If you need medical support through/ or require regular medication, you must assure that you carry adequate stock with you. The medical services on board our vessels are limited and cater only for first Aid and minor conditions. GSC is and cannot be held liable for losses suffered, e.g. through illness, injury and/ or death, due to a medical condition, where the treatment off requires medical expertise beyond the standard held by our onboard staff and / or equipment or drugs other than the general first aid stock carried on board.
- Special needs people that require a wheelchair cannot be permitted on board as our boat cannot accommodate wheelchairs or any other walking aid access, nor does the boat has special needs facilities such as a disabled toilet.
- The Company retains the liberty and without previous notice
- To cancel the contract refunding only the money to the passenger
- To cancel, change or alter any sailing
- To substitute the ship by any other vessel
- To change or modify the itinerary
- Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers and charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law.
The safety management procedures are certified by the Hellenic Maritime Authorities which comply fully with the requirements of the international ISM (International Shipping Management) code.
Further, following Hellenic Coast Guard regulations all officers, crew and personnel are trained and regularly tested in proficiency in following emergency procedures in case of fire, recovery at sea, evacuation procedures, disaster at sea, etc.
Following the cruise departure there are announcements advising passengers to acquaint themselves with the ship’s safety procedures as well as where to find more information.
For additional information Passengers can contact the ship’s crew.
Passengers must follow the shipping company’s security regulations and the ship’s captain’s rules concerning order and safety on board the ship. The rules are displayed in the terminals and on board the ships.
The shipping company and its representatives reserve the right to refuse passage to passengers who might pose a threat to the safety or other passengers, themselves or the ship.
The ship’s personnel have the right to refuse passage to persons who are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, who display disturbing or threatening behavior, or who do not otherwise comply with the aforementioned rules concerning age, security or other regulations.
Lost and Found
To retrieve any lost item after you disembarked our vessel(s) you must contact our head office the following day. All items of personal belongings found on board will be transferred to our company head office in Athens. In no way does GSC accept responsibility for the condition, completeness or other of any found item. We will store such items for 90 days. If no claim is made within this period, value items will be forwarded to a local charity and no value items will be disbursed off.
If you notice you\’ve lost something immediately after the disembarkation, please contact the ship’s crew.
Modifications to our Services & Prices
Prices of our products are subject to change without notice. Passengers with confirmed and fully paid tickets prior to a price change will not be affected by such changes.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue any Service (or any part or content thereof) without due notice. Any affected passengers of a discontinued service will receive full refund.
GSC shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- All reservations must be guaranteed by credit card at the time of booking.
- Cancellations made up to 2 working days prior to the cruise date will carry no penalties.
- Cancellations made within 2 days prior to sailing date will be charged in full.
- Please note that all cancellation in order to be valid must be received in writing.
Change to Terms & Conditions
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Greece, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have regarding the Service.
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.